Welcome to the Tasmanian Motorcycle Council Inc.
We are the peak motorcycle body representing motorcyclists throughout Tasmania. We're committed to improving safety and providing a voice for all motorcyclists around the state.
Objectives and purposes of the Association
The basic objectives of the Association are:
- To promote and improve all aspects of road safety concerning motorcycling in Tasmania;
- To promote, improve and protect the recreational use of motorcycles in Tasmania;
- To promote and improve, at all levels, the full knowledge, awareness, understanding and acceptance of motorcyclists welfare and safety needs in Tasmania;
- To promote the safe and convenient use of motorcycles in Tasmania;
- To provide a united voice for all motorcyclists in Tasmania.
- To represent all motorcycling clubs, Associations and individuals at the State Government Board and Committee level.
Road Skill Course
Appointment of Paul Bullock, TMC President, to Road Safety Advisory Council
The Tasmanian Motorcycle Council (TMC) is pleased to announce that new President, Paul Bullock, has accepted an invitation by the Minister for Infrastructure, the Hon. Rene Hidding MP, to represent the TMC on the Road Safety Advisory Council (RSAC). The appointment is for three years.
Increase in Speeding Offences
The Tasmanian Motorcycle Council (TMC) notes the statistics quoted in The Examiner regarding an increase in the number of motorists detected travelling at 15km/h+ the speed limit (15,841 in 2013-14).
The Tasmanian Motorcycle Council (TMC) is concerned about the possibility of double-demerits being introduced in Tasmania.