The TMC was established in 2004 and is the peak representative body for motorcyclists in Tasmania.
The TMC’s primary purpose is to be a political advocate on behalf of motorcyclists to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote and improve all aspects of road safety concerning motorcycling in Tasmania;
- Promote, improve and protect the recreational use of motorcycles in Tasmania;
- Promote and improve, at all levels, the full knowledge, awareness, understanding and acceptance of motorcyclists’ welfare and safety needs in Tasmania; and
- Promote the safe and convenient use of motorcycles in Tasmania.
- Provide a united voice for all motorcyclists in Tasmania.
- Represent all motorcycling clubs, associations and individuals at State Government Board and Committee level.
The TMC has representatives on a number of committees and working groups, including the Road Safety Advisory Council, Motorcycle Safety Working Group, Launceston City Council's Road Safety Consultative Committee and the Tasmanian Federal Blackspot Consultative Committee. It works closely with Government, Councils and MAIB to influence motorcycle friendly policies, initiatives and programs, as well as contributing to advertising campaigns that promote road safety.
The TMC is a member of the Australian Motorcycle Council (AMC), which is the national representative body for motorcyclists and consists of the peak bodies from each state and territory and several other organisations formed in the interests of motorcyclists.
Officers and Executive Committee 2021/2022
President Mick Boyd
Vice President Simon Hrycyszyn
Treasurer Brian Hornsey
Secretary Bron McCarthy
Public Officer Paul Bullock
Danny Penney, Julie Penney, Peter Fleming
The full Constitution can be found here.
You can view our list of Sponsors here.
Motorcycle parking spots
If you find any cars parked in motorcycle parking areas please contact Launceston City Council on;
If you find any cars parked in motorcycle parking areas please contact Hobart City Council:
Phone : 0362382711
Riding in Tasmania can be a very rewarding and enjoyable experience but we have very different road conditions.Read More Download Brochure
Motorcycle Friendly Businesses